Who Are We?
eXpresSew® is a complete marketing and educational brand developed to attract teens and preteens to sewing and other fiber crafts. Our goal is achieved by combining fashion forward project ideas with the lively graphic and casual language style found in teen–targeted magazines, advertising, web sites and other print media.
eXpresSew patterns and other products are aggressively marketed at trade and consumer shows for sewing retailers, middle and high school Family and Consumer Science teachers and students, home-schoolers and other sewing enthusiasts.
The response to eXpresSew brand products has been very enthusiastic among independent and chain stores alike. Fabric stores, sewing machine dealerships and private sewing educators are using eXpresSew patterns to conduct sewing classes and camps. Since their market debut in 2003, retailers, organizations, distributors and publishers have chosen eXpresSew patterns and projects to reach teens and preteens.
- Wal-Mart, JoAnn Fabrics, Hancock, Beverly’s Fabrics, Pacific Fabric and Crafts, Clotilde, and Nancy’s Notions have carried eXpresSew products.
- Home Sewing Association endorsed eXpresSew as the best beginner program for teaching sewing to youth groups, donating several complete pattern sets each to 251 Girl Scout Councils throughout the US.
- Sierra Pacific consortium of private sewing stores selected eXpresSew booklets to feature in their ad flyer campaign.
- Sewing Educators Alliance adopted eXpresSew’s “Pillow Patrol Pillowcase” for national promotion by Youth Sewing Committee, to encourage sewing through locally based community service activities. Over 50,000 instruction flyers have been circulated.
- Leisure Arts, Checker Distributors, Petersen Arne, Brewer, R & M West Coast and N. Jefferson (Canada) selected eXpresSew products for distribution.
- Clotilde's Sewing Savvy, DRG invited eXpresSew to provide a regular teen-focus project article, appearing in each bi-monthly issue, 2004 - 2007.
- Soho Publishing commissioned eXpresSew to write Sew Teen, released May 2006. Sew Teen was nominated by the Young Adult Library Association for Best Creative Book award for 2006.
- After extensive member testing, Creative Home Arts awarded eXpresSew’s Pillow Power the Home Seal in March, 2008.
As more attention is focused on sewing education, eXpresSew is well positioned to lead teens and preteens to sewing through a growing series of patterns, kits and other products.