Sewing for Service:
The Sewing Educators Alliance has created a way for you to involve youth sewers in a local community service project where kids sew for kids with PILLOW PATROL.
Create pillow cases that also can be used as duffle bags. Donate them to displaced children staying in shelters, hospitals and foster homes in your area.
Follow these easy steps:
- Download Pillow Patrol flyer. Make copies as needed.
- Collect fabric, ribbon and thread donations from service groups, sewing guilds and parents.
- Make pillow cases with your youth group during regularly scheduled class or meeting time – OR – hold a special event.
- Select a recipient. See tips on donating pillowcases.
- Include an explanation with a letter to the administrator.
- Write to us and let us know how many pillow cases you made and who you donated them to.